Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Butterfly Bonanza



So… the Detroit Zoo… was really awesome! All I needed was the first building, really – since Frannie and I started at the butterfly garden. When I was in key west with cathy and chris – we went to this really fabulous butterfly store – I’d never seen so many different kinds of butterflies before, or realize how truly beautiful they all are (plus knowing that they mounted them only after they lived out their natural life span made me feel better about it). Anyway, at Detroit – suddenly all these beautiful creatures I’d come to appreciate were flittering about all around me! Stunning! And most importantly, magical! They were like little fairies or something – so brilliant and delicate. With approximately 30 species, we roamed around the little garden for-ever looking at them, catching pictures of them, just sitting and watching them. I could have spent the entire day in that one room, gazing about as the butterflies danced around us. It was truly the highlight of the trip…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home