ahhhhhh, awesome aspens
Yesterday brought an unexpected surprise. I left my house at 6am to drive up to the Milwaukee office for a day of field work at a nearby landfill, about a half hour north of there. I wasn’t thrilled… just wasn’t sure if I was mentally prepared to spend the day outside groundwater sampling. And at first it was quite chilly and cloudy. While I had a free moment though I went strolling along the abandoned railroad tracks – where I found a ton of muscovite schist! (I am fully aware that that only means something to frannie). But I was excited! Rocks! Neat ones! Just there for me to take!
Well, the weather started to warm up, and the clouds cleared a little bit. There were some wells we had to get at that were just inside the edges of a forested area. And it was about halfway through the day when I realized – aspen trees! There were aspen trees! All over! I was just sort of in awe, I LOVE aspen trees- they are one of my favorites, and I was just so grateful to have my day totally turned into something awesome. One of those times where what’s going on on the inside is in sync with your surroundings. I almost felt like I got away for a day – to the rockies or the north rim or something ( i have a picture that i took of north rim quaking aspens at my desk). Refreshing.
Well, the weather started to warm up, and the clouds cleared a little bit. There were some wells we had to get at that were just inside the edges of a forested area. And it was about halfway through the day when I realized – aspen trees! There were aspen trees! All over! I was just sort of in awe, I LOVE aspen trees- they are one of my favorites, and I was just so grateful to have my day totally turned into something awesome. One of those times where what’s going on on the inside is in sync with your surroundings. I almost felt like I got away for a day – to the rockies or the north rim or something ( i have a picture that i took of north rim quaking aspens at my desk). Refreshing.


2 Comments:
You will have to post pics of the trees and rocks b/c I'm very confused about what these nature items look like. Also, you're still it.
Aspens? In the midwest? So unheard of! They are my favorite tree... I was tempted to take one from Colorado and bring it East... ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home