unwritten inspiration
when i’m with you i feel caged
like a songbird terrified to break the musty silence
drowning in dank air
so thick that even could i spread my wings i could not fly
i hide my true colors
for you would rather i were the mechanic nightingale
were you to truly see me
the brilliancy would leave you blind
and it frightens you
like a songbird terrified to break the musty silence
drowning in dank air
so thick that even could i spread my wings i could not fly
i hide my true colors
for you would rather i were the mechanic nightingale
were you to truly see me
the brilliancy would leave you blind
and it frightens you


4 Comments:
Did you write that? It seemed like it came right out of my own brain - but with the right words! I can't believe it!
Let us know how the new job is.
- The anonymous nightingale =)
Did you write that? It seemed like it came right out of my own brain - but with the right words! I can't believe it!
Let us know how the new job is.
- The anonymous nightingale =)
Did you write that? It seemed like it came right out of my own brain - but with the right words! I can't believe it!
Let us know how the new job is.
- The anonymous nightingale =)
Woops! I guess the "publish comment button" doesn't need to be hit 20 times! Good thing it was anonymous, huh?
Post a Comment
<< Home