Monday, September 10, 2007

just a TAD bit itchy

The view from Mt. Baldy

Mark buries Tim in a wave of sand

Dune jumping - Swany style

Dune jumping - Mark style

Dune jumping - Tim style

Beth and Mark nearly fell through a hole to China

Rach = so cute!

Ahhh.... hanging out in the comfy camping chairs by the fire...
Tim looks like a kid at Christmas. He loves camping, folks!


This weekend my small group went camping. A fabulous idea by JULIE, who was, unfortunately, unable to go.... Due to the need to study, I wasn't able to go for the entire weekend. I drove out Saturday morning to meet the group at Indiana Dunes - where we spent the day at the beach. We braved the *slightly* chilly water, got some sun, ate tons of food, and played around on Mt. Baldy - the sand "mountain." This involved such past times as jumping off the dune, rolling down the dune, and panting to death trying to climb back up the dune. If not for the having to climb back up part, i would have rolled down that dune like 20 times. (i did roll on my side, and then also head first. but that one gives ya kind of a headache). We had FANTABULOUS weather. that would be except for the EFFING mosquitos. They were out for blood. (heh, literally) My bite count is at nearly 40 - so many it is hard to keep track. ( I was applying bug spray nearly every 5 minutes). And I've done exceedingly well at NOT scratching them. Although, i gotta say, i'm quite fond of the three on the bottom of my right foot. Especially the one ON THE UNDERSIDE OF MY BIG TOE. Grr!


1 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger TAP's Thoughts said...

Ever time I think of that hole I keep singing, "There's a Hole in the Middle of the Sea." It's weird. And the hole was filled in when we went back Sunday. :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home