take the last train to clarksville
tomorrow night i'm heading out down south- clarksville, virginia, to be exact, via a flight to raliegh, north carolina. i'm going to finish up a field project there til wednesday, abandoning some wells at one of our sites. i wish it was more of a vacation trip - but alas, no. although my thoughts have been trip-ward lately. a possible trip to visit eves (uh, in virginia, too bad clarksville isn't closer to DC, eves!), and i've been thinking about florida a lot lately. or, more specifically, the sun, the beach, and the ocean. a part of me is even thinking about going away somewhere for a weekend just by myself, to have some time to sit and relax and refresh myself - things have been so crazy lately. and winter is really weighing on me this year, despite that it hasn't been all that cold. i just can't see me spending the rest of my life without sun for 4 or more months out of the year. each year i become a little less tolerant of it. it was nice though that this winter, for the first time in three years, i didn't have a huge field project. anyway, it's going to be a busy few days here, but at least i hope it will feel like a little like a break.....


3 Comments:
Things happen for a reason... even though Clarksville is not close to DC, I wouldn't have been in town - I was supposed to leave Athens today (Monday) except my flight got cancelled, so instead I'm leaving tomorrow. By the time I arrive home, I probably would have missed the chance to get together with you! Are we still looking at April?
yessssss. aprilllllll.
I'm ready for you to visit. Chris and I went to the beach on Saturday and we got sunburned. It's nice being a shade different that white even if it is red.
Post a Comment
<< Home