Tuesday, January 10, 2006

out of the comfort zone

i'm taking what crissy said on her blog to heart - it's important to be out of your comfort zone... because that's the only way you really grow, isn't it? and i definitely want this year to be full of growth.
i cut three inches off my hair yesterday. which, granted, isn't a super lot when your hair is like 16 inches long, but it's a start. I felt like i was hiding behind my hair somewhat, if that makes sense at all. time to bust out!
but more importantly, and certainly more uncomfortably, i gave blood for the first time today. talk about out of the comfort zone. it wasn't a terribly pleasant time, but as i was being a little nervous about it on the way to work this morning i heard an add for lifesource on the radio.... saying that every time you give blood you save 3 lives. I'd never heard an add for them before, and knew that someone was sending me a message... and a little comfort....

6 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Moving was out of my comfort zone. I still think you need more drastic of a change for your hair.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Crissy said...

Way to go giving blood! I'd do it if I could (stupid mad cow disease)

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Eves said...

Go Swany! So proud of you! I need to stay in the country for more than 5 years before I can give blood (dumb rules)...

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Swany said...

Crissy you have mad cow disease!?!?!?!!? : )

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Crissy said...

From the Red Cross website:
"At this time, the American Red Cross donor eligibility rules related to vCJD (aka Mad Cow Disease) are as follows:

You are not eligible to donate if:
From January 1, 1980, through December 31, 1996, you spent (visited or lived) a cumulative time of 3 months or more, in the United Kingdom (UK)."

Since I lived for 4 years during that time, they assume I'm at risk for having mad cow disease. Of course, I won't know for another 15 years or so. :)

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Swany said...

oh i think we can tell already. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home