a tail of two kitties
This is about my dream two nights ago- or as much of it as i can remember:
I was in rural midwest in a dorm-type house where there were a bunch of other girls living. There’s a commotion so I go outside and what do I see but a tornado! Like, super close! And I’m thinking, WOW(!) I’ve never seen a tornado before. Then we all have to rush inside, since the swirling mass of destruction is heading our way. The house was a split level, and as we run inside all the girls run downstairs. But me, I head upstairs. I have to get the cats!! My only thought was I can’t leave them there to fend for themselves. Feeling that the roof could be ripped off from above me at any moment, I am surprisingly calm. I grab Merlin and Dinah, and as I take the stairs back down the scene fades away and meld into....
I was in rural midwest in a dorm-type house where there were a bunch of other girls living. There’s a commotion so I go outside and what do I see but a tornado! Like, super close! And I’m thinking, WOW(!) I’ve never seen a tornado before. Then we all have to rush inside, since the swirling mass of destruction is heading our way. The house was a split level, and as we run inside all the girls run downstairs. But me, I head upstairs. I have to get the cats!! My only thought was I can’t leave them there to fend for themselves. Feeling that the roof could be ripped off from above me at any moment, I am surprisingly calm. I grab Merlin and Dinah, and as I take the stairs back down the scene fades away and meld into....
Amsterdam (naturally). And I am in a park and it’s bright and sunny and Merlin is on the grass but keeps walking away from me. I follow him but he eventually gets a ways ahead. When I catch up he’s surrounded by a family who are petting him and playing with him. I flop down on the grass next to him and say “I’ve finally caught up with you, you booger (or something to that affect).” And the people say, “No, this is our cat now, he’s going to be ours. You can’t prove that he’s yours.” And I reply “then why is his fur all covered with pictures of me, that proves he's mine.” (imagine someone airbrushed 3x5 pictures all over a 19 pound cat, but it looked as if it were part of his actual fur. like he secretes pictures of me or something. it's like having a owners chip or the like.) So i scoop him up and then.... I’m in an apartment, it’s nightime, (also in Amsterdam, i think it belonged to the family that wanted to keep merlin) watching a news broadcast on tv of a car accident in the city where a car hits the back end of a garbage-sized truck, which hits another, which hits the rear end of a school bus that was at an intersection that gets turned and pushed into a corner shop all the way so that the front end of the bus is flush with the store front. This was caught on film and i see it happen in replay several times. Then i hear a noise at the back door, open it and there’s little Dinah and she looks up and meows at me. And i say “Dinah! you made it! you found me here all the way from the tornado (she wasn’t IN the tornado, just from where we were). I was so happy they were both with me now and safe. Then, I woke up.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home