Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The Florida Saga - part the third

I swear one of the most awesome things is to get up, throw on a bathing suit and sarong and you’re ready for the day. That’s my kind of day – completely comfortable. I felt like i could do that every day forever. Each morning Catny and I headed for the beach. And of course each morning it was gorgeous. The sun was shining and hot, the water was sparkling and refreshing. Each day brought new discoveries as well. Tuesday we noticed there were quite a bit of fish around near shore, and luckily I had brought with my goggles for exploration purposes – the water was so clear that even when it was up to your nose you could still see your feet! And with these goggles, and while swimming, on Wednesday I discovered a lobster! He was about 40 yrds out into the water. I yelled to cat onshore what I had found and then I corralled this lobster in to shore, by hovering menacingly above him, naturally. He responded to this by walking backward towards the shallow water. It became increasingly difficult, however, when after a time he said “screw this!”, decided i was indeed not a threat, and tried to head out to sea again. At which point I would kick underwater at him, creating a mighty current that kept him going shallow long enough for cat to snap the pic. Needless to say, I was exhausted after this event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home