Thursday, May 12, 2005

: (

so tuesday night, that beautiful, warm, sunny evening, I decided to go for a walk before dinner. I had already been for a bikeride at lunch, but since the weight recently is more towards up than down, i thought burning a few extras calories wouldn't hurt.

So i went about the residential area of Elmhurst, and saw loads of other people out walking, which was really nice. I didn't have a planned route - was just walking and zigzagging.

Well there i was, walking along on the sidewalk, when i heard some angry barking behind me. I turned and saw a small white rat-dog running at me. It was only about 15 feet away by the time i saw it, so add in my reaction/processing time and it's right there are my feet. and then it jumped at me, catching my capri pants. i jumped backward to get away, but the dog lunged again and this time bit me on my right shin. i jumped back again but the dog was still intent on attacking me, my only thought was to run- which i did, across the street, my only thought being "what if i can't outrun this dog and it keeps biting me?" but the dog didn't follow me across the street. (thank the LORD there hadn't been any cars)

thankfully, i had my cell phone. i called my parents first and then 911 (scary!!! i'd never dialed that before) The dog stayed where it was for a minute, and then went behind the house i had been in front of. i waited about 10 minutes or so until and officer arrived, he found the dog in a nearby backyard, took everyone's information, and i headed home. my mom met me there and we tried to figure out what to do. remember what happened with eli? i had the bite on my hand and was in the hospital for 3 days and on an IV for two weeks after.... and the problem was, the officer said the dog had no tags and no proof it had any shots.

so we headed over to the emergency room and had it looked at. MAN!!!!! it figures, right? I went 4 years without a hospital visit.... and then that stupid dog....... i'm just tired and frustrated......

anyway, that's what my week has been about....

1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you feeling okay today? I hope so!! I hope everything heals beautifully, Swany! I'm sorry again about the mean dog. :( Hang in there!! - Frano :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home